September 8, 2008

Opa!


This weekend was the annual Greek Festival. I love going every year to eat, listen to the traditional music, eat, watch the dancers, eat and eat!!! I have been going to the festival nearly every year since I was about 14. My best friend growing up had family that was Greek Orthodox and I started going with her and my adopted family. It made me miss them!







Spanakopeta - is like a pastery version of spinach pie! I never liked it when I was younger but now I love it.



My FAVORITE... the Loukoumades!!! I wait ALL year for these babies. They are like donut holes drenched in honey & cinnamon. YUM!






This year I went with Marq, Tahna & John. We had a good time and everyone seemed to enjoy the food. I LOVE Greek Food! OPA!!!

1 comment:

TAHNA said...

We had so much fun! I'm glad we went :) Although, I didn't get to see inside the cathedral :( Maybe next year.