January 14, 2013

Grateful

Although I have a sad, sick little boy... today I am grateful. I'm grateful for a supportive husband that values my effort and makes me a priority. I am grateful that he takes a very active role in parenting as well. I am also so grateful for other moms who I can relate to, lean on, gain wisdom from and connect with. It is amazing how much a thoughtful text, online comment or understanding smile can boost your spirits when you are down. I'm grateful for the group of moms I have met here in Oregon and I'm so, so grateful for my sisters, friends, moms, grandmas and cousins that I look to for advice, comfort, support, help and reassurance.
I am a lucky, lucky mom. Now back to controlling a fever, wiping a nose, forcing fluids, changing unpleasant diapers, and rocking my crying baby...
UPDATE: I called Ledger's Dr this morning and they said he probably has the virus that is going around. They said his fever could last up to 10 days (we are on day 6). They recommended I continue to hydrate him and keep his fever under control until it passes. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

SMooCHY SCHMUTZ said...

Wish you lived here so I could help! 4 more days until its over...hopefully!